Tuesday 30 June 2009

Cannelloni



In my veggie box this week I had a bag of spinach, so thought some cannelloni was in order.

I blanched the spinach, then chopped it up, and mixed it with 3/4 of a tub of ricotta, 1/2 a beaten egg and some nutmeg.
I then had a slight disaster with the piping bag, but managed to fill 9 tubes with my mixture.

I made a tomato sauce out of an onion, a couple of garlic cloves, some carrots a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a cup of water, some tomato puree and dried oregano.
The sauce simmered for a while whilst I was wrestling with the tubes (maybe about 20 minutes?) then I covered the filled tubes with the sauce and baked it for about half an hour.

So I have dinner for tonight and tomorrow, and a portion for the freezer.
A good result :)



No comments:

Post a Comment