Tuesday 5 May 2009

Noodles




I wanted something with leftovers for lunch for the next couple of days, and had a lot of green things in my box this week, so decided on a stir fry type thing with noodles.
I realise now that there were a lot more things I could have added in, but this combination worked well.

I stir fried the veggies, garlic and a bit of ginger in toasted sesame oil to start with, then added in the sauce (which was based on a recipe in BBC Vegetarian from way back in the past...1996/7 possibly.)
I didn't use all the sauce, but may pour the left overs over the left overs :)  in the morning if the noodles soak it up whilst it's chilling.

Stir Fry Sauce :
300ml stock (I used a cube which makes 500ml but only filled to 300 for stronger flavour)
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1tbsp tomato puree



No comments:

Post a Comment