Thursday 2 July 2009

Broad Beans


I love broad beans, so was very excited to have a bag of them in last time's box.
I decided to use up a few bits left over from the cannelloni the other day, and also make a salad for work.

I used the left over tomato sauce to create a base on puff pastry with the rest of the ricotta crumbled/dotted over.
I cooked the broad beans for 5 minutes, putting frozen peas in for the last couple of minutes too.
Mixed in some mint, then put them on the tart, then added chopped feta too.
I cooked it for about 20 minutes.
This was the result :



Was very tasty too!!

So, with the left over beans and peas, I mixed in mint and feta, then added half a chopped pepper, and a vinigrette made with 3 parts olive oil to 1 part brown rice vinegar, and a small handful of wholemeal mafalda corta pasta.
Looks very tasty too! Will be looking forward to lunch tomorrow :)





No comments:

Post a Comment