Sunday 6 December 2009

Pasties


I tried a recipe from the BBC Vegetarian Christmas Good Food magazine, a magazine I wish they still did a monthly copy of.
Their recipe was for a whole pie, which you rolled out to the size of a dinner plate.
I preferred to make smaller pasties than a whole pie.
They don't look as pretty as a whole pie would (and I changed the pastry from short crust to puff) but still taste good.
I made 5 and have frozen most of them for the future.

You chop 3 or 4 leeks and put in a pan with a knob of butter and some rosemary.
Cook on a low heat for 20 mins.
Slice 450g of potatoes, put in cold water and bring to the boil, cook for 5 minutes.
Mix both pans together, leave to cool.
Mix in 150g grated cheese.
Roll out the pastry and add the filling. Brush with egg round the edge and squish on the lid.
Brush with egg and cook at 200 degrees for about half an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment