Saturday 31 October 2009

Halloween Goulash!


Since I had a pumpkin for Halloween in my organic box yesterday, I thought I'd use it up in goulash.
This is a recipe from a Student Veggie cookbook. I'm not a student any more, but I find that student books are often full of more inspiration than the usual run of the mill veggie books.
So I started with pumpkin, a red pepper, a carrot, an onion and a garlic clove. Sautéed the onion and red pepper, then added 2 tsps of paprika, stirred for a minute, then added everything else, plus 85g of red lentils, 500ml of stock a tsp of sugar, and salt and pepper.
Brought everything to the boil, then covered and cooked in the oven for an hour at 160 degrees C.
Once it was done, I topped with some natural yoghurt and a sprinkle more of paprika.
Delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment